I Have Family Visiting. How About a Quick Indoor Home Makeover?
Having friends and family visit can be a blessing. Make a great impression by performing a quick home makeover with home repair tips and project ideas from A1 Handyman.
Get started by taking a look around your house and make a list of the items that need fixing or updating room by room. A1 Handyman provides both minor and major handyman services, so after you have your “To Do” list, call us at 1-208-995-6457, and we'll take it from there. For project ideas, take a look at our list below.
Quick Indoor Home Repairs
• Cupboards - Make a small change with a big impact in your kitchen, by giving your cupboards a face lift with new and modernized hardware. For cupboard doors that aren’t closing properly, start by loosening the hinges, but not so much that the door falls off. Realign or readjust the door and tighten the hinges back up.
• Light Fixtures - Replace dated light fixtures for a new refreshed look and save on energy costs at the same time.
• Carve Out Space for a Home Office - Let A1 Handyman turn a corner of any room into a work area that really works with custom cabinetry and storage solutions.
• Drywall - Mend small holes in your drywall quickly with drywall spackle. To begin, sand down the area, and then add spackle to cover the hole. Once it dries, sand the spackle down so it is flush with the wall. To prevent the need to paint the entire wall, find your old paint bucket of the existing wall color and take it to the hardware store. Most of the big box hardware stores can match paint colors easily.
• Design Your Dream Closet - A1 Handyman has some stylish solutions that will turn every chaotic storage space into an ordered haven.
Other Quick Repair Tips
• Paint old chairs or side tables to add a pop of color throughout your home.
• Buy new plants and place them around your home for added color and a new look.
• Be clever with paint and paper. Want cheap art? Start by painting a square on the wall and instead of covering all four walls with a statement-making wallpaper, use the wallpaper only below the chair rail.
• Peeling Wallpaper - With a knife, smear wallpaper paste onto a piece of writing paper. Rub the paper against the underside of the peeling section. Press the wallpaper against the wall. Slide the writing paper out and smooth away bubbles with a clean cloth.
• Replace shabby curtains or update your window treatments for an instant change in any room.
• Squeaky Door Hinges - Spray a little WD-40 onto the hinges, moving the door back and forth to work in the lubricant. Or try rubbing the hinges with petroleum jelly. If these tricks don’t work, lift the hinge pins about halfway and lubricate them with three-in-one oil, using a rag to catch drips.
• Stuck Sliding Windows - A little silicone spray lubricant (sold at hardware stores) will grease the skids. Spray it onto a rag, then wipe along the tracks, whether they’re metal, wood, or plastic.
For professional handyman services, you can rely on A1 Handyman to get the job done right and on time. To schedule service, call 1-208-995-6457 today and schedule a time for your “To Do” list to be officially completed.