According to the U.S. Department of Energy, families can save 20% - 30% on energy bills by implementing just a few simple home improvements.
And over time, homeowners can save more money on home heating and cooling costs than it will cost to have these simple energy efficient improvements or repairs made and it will help the environment.
It's hard to believe the money you can save on utility bills when you take one small step. That step is calling A1 Handyman at (208) 995-6457. From repairing leaky faucets to caulking your windows and doors, we get the job done right! No matter how large or small the job is, hiring A1 Handyman means getting reliable, professional workmanship, with guaranteed results. So let's talk about your "To Do" list.
Inside Your Home
A1 Handyman is a skilled professional who can handle inside home repairs of all sizes. Have our professional technician complete these green improvements, so you can start saving money on heating and cooling costs.
• Insulate Attics & Crawl Spaces - The Department of Energy estimates that a properly insulated attic can shave 10 to 50 percent off your heating bill and it works the opposite way for warm climates. Simply put - proper insulation helps stabilize your homes indoor temps to keep heating and cooling needs in check.
• Put on a Water Heater Jacket - Most of the costs associated with operating a water heater is keeping the water hot. The more insulated the tank, the better the water holds onto heat so add a hot water heater jacket and save.
• Fix Plumbing Leaks - Reduce water consumption by simply repairing any plumbing leaks in faucets or pipes. A leak of one drip per second can cost about $1 per month.
• Ceiling Fans - In summer, ceiling fans create cooling breezes, which reduce the strain on air conditioners. In winter, they circulate heated air to keep the room warm.
• Programmable Thermostat - Did you know that nearly half of all utility bills go towards heating and air conditioning costs? With a programmable thermostat you won’t have to heat or cool a house that is empty. You can set separate programs for daytime and nighttime, weekdays and weekends. Install this energy savings device and trim about $180 a year from your energy bills.
• Add Lighting Controls - Room Occupancy Sensors enable lights to come one whenever motion is detected and turn off when motion ceases. Motion sensors are especially useful in bathrooms and in children’s rooms as children often forget to turn lights off after they leave a room. Save money on your electric bills by having A1 Handyman automate your home with light dimmers, timers, motion sensors, and room occupancy sensors.
Outside Your Home
Energy efficiency isn't just limited to improvements inside your home. Give the outside of your home some needed attention and call A1 Handyman to help. Some outdoor energy efficient solutions we offer include:
• Add Lighting Controls & Timers: A motion detectors outside your home is not only a smart security feature, but a wise investment that saves you money on lighting the outside of your home. A1 Handyman installs lighting fixtures and performs other electrical services with ease.
• Install Energy Efficient Windows: Replace worn windows with windows that fit and seal properly and have energy saving features. A1 Handyman can also fix frames and complete sash window repair.
• Exterior Door Installation: When doors fit and seal properly they save you money on heating and cooling costs. Whether you need to install an exterior door, a storm door or just need some minor door repair, A1 Handyman can handle all your door installation needs.
• Plug Energy Leaks: Windows and doors are notorious for leaking energy. A1 Handyman can install door sweeps, shoe gaskets, and foam insulation to prevent air infiltration and help you save on heating and cooling costs.
• Organize your Garage: From installing storage solutions in the garage to replacing the side door, A1 Handyman can help make room for bikes, Christmas decorations, tools, camping equipment, and more. Less time spent looking for misplaced items translates to more time doing the things that matter most.
Need other work done? Call A1 Handyman at (208) 995-6457 and schedule a time for all your home improvement and repair needs. When you need energy efficient home repairs done right, look no further than A1 Handyman.
Serving Ada County, Idaho including towns of Boise, Garden City, Eagle, Meridian, Kuna, and Star.